The three-level property is spread out on a private plot of 6000 sq.m., over a hilltop in the picturesque village of Giannoudi, close to the north coastline of Rethymno in the island of Crete, overlooking the Aegean sea and the countryside. Apart from the mesmerising views, the proximity to Rethymno Old Town, as well as several beautiful beaches and villages makes Villa Lime an excellent base choice for your vacation.
Villa Lime covers a total of 420 sq.m. and can accommodate up to 12 guests in its 6 bedrooms. The whole property is newly renovated, constructed using high quality materials, giving it a contemporary and modern appearance. Its light, airy interior offers spacious living areas, designed to maximise your summer experience.
Crossing the private entrance at the ground floor you will find:
- A living room with 2 sofas, open fireplace, 55’’ smart TV with Netflix, bluetooth speaker and PS4 gaming console that provides direct access to the veranda.
- An additional sitting area with 2 extra couches and a piano. Both sitting areas offer beautiful sea vistas.
- Large indoor dining area for 12 guests.
- Fully equipped kitchen with branded electrical appliances and an island counter.
- A bedroom with access to the BBQ area and a ceiling fan.
- A bedroom with access to the parking lot.
Both bedrooms are air conditioned and also have 32’’ TVs, as well as their own en-suite bathrooms with shower cabins and they feature two single beds each (0,90 X 2,00) which can also be joined together to form a king size bed upon request.
- A relaxing spa room boasting an indoor, 14 m2 heated swimming pool with hydro massage function and water views, 1,20 m deep. This private haven also features a sitting area, shower cabin, gym equipment including a treadmill and static bicycle, A/C, 50’’ TV and direct outdoor access. The pool can also be heated upon request, with an additional charge of 20€ per day (please note that the pool heating can be used upon advance request for the entire stay and it requires at least one week advance notice).
- A laundry room with washing machine and clothes dryer.
- A WC.
The remaining four bedrooms of Villa Lemoni are located on the first floor, including the master bedroom. More specifically reaching this level guests will find:
- A master bedroom assorted with a walk-in closet, private balcony, king size bed (1,80 X 2,00), safe, A/C, 32’’ TV and an en-suite bathroom with bathtub, shower cabin and double sinks.
- A master bedroom with private balcony and a window wall, offering stunning views.
- Two bedrooms that share a veranda which leads to the downstair outdoor area.
These three bedrooms are air conditioned and also have ceiling fans, 32’’ TVs, as well as their own en-suite bathrooms with shower cabins and they feature two single beds each (0,90 X 2,00) which can also be joined together to form a king size bed upon request.
The 2500 m2 outdoor area ideally completes the interior spaces of the villa with a large terrace offering extraordinary panoramic views of the area and the blue of the sky and sea. Also, divided in two levels it consists of the ground floor and lower level. The whole outdoor area is fully fenced, offering total privacy to our guests.
- A spacious and stylishly furnished veranda offers direct access to the living room.
- Fully equipped Charcoal BBQ facilities with an outdoor sink.
- Wood oven.
- Shaded, round dining table for alfresco meals for 12 guests.
- Large lawn covered area next to the BBQ, ideal for the children to play.
- A vegetable garden is also available for our guests above the BBQ area.
Descending a few steps from the ground floor you reach the pool area, also enjoying panoramic views of the sea and the surrounding area. In details, the pool terrace includes:
- A free shape, 70m2, private swimming pool with waterfall, 1,40 m deep, guarantees the beneficial effects of a refreshing dip on a hot summer day.
- The sunbathing area is equipped with 8 comfortable sun beds, 2 bean bag loungers, a double day bed and 2 umbrellas for outmost relaxation.
- Lawn covered area by the pool with a Playground for our young guests.
- Outdoor sitting area next to the pool with sofas and armchairs.
- Outdoor WC with shower.
- Private parking space for 5 cars inside the Villa premises.
- Private entrance with a gate.
Giannoudi is picturesque village located just 5 km away from Rethymno city and its Old Town offering plenty restaurants, cafes and shops. At the village we meet a three-storey tower which probably served as a fortified residence of a Venetian nobleman.
The building has been declared as a monument by the Greek state and one can still discern parts of domed buildings, probably cisterns, surrounding the tower. Also, the closest organised sandy beach (Platanias) is only 3 km away and the area offers beach bars, restaurants, super markets and cafes as well.
5 km away, starting south of Prasses village, it offers a three-hour walk through the stunning gigantic rocks and through some relatively hard passages, which make the hiking very interesting. The Prasano Gorge, which is today the "overflow" channel of the Potami dam, maneuvers through the rocky hills of Gargana, and its stream ends in the suburb of Platanias east of the city of Rethymnon. The river is drowned by vegetation and large plane trees, ideal for a cool excursion. Prassano is accessible only from mid June to mid-October, because of the water flowing through it. It is a very important biotope of Crete, since it hosts buzzards and a small population of Bonelli's eagles.
Furthermore, 6 km away Mili Gorge is a stunning green oasis near the town of Rethymno. It is actually a ravine, which hosts a huge number of plants and trees, a real botanic garden. At the middle of the canyon we meet the deserted village Mili (i.e. mills) which is divided into two neighbourhoods. Today we can see in good condition only one watermill that has been renovated so the visitors can get an idea of how they operated. The water never stops running from the springs located in the canyon at various points, with the larger springs being that of Saint Anthony and Five Virgins. Along its route, the water creates small waterfalls and lakes where you take a refreshing bath under the shade of huge planes.
|from||to||daily price||minimum stay|
|01 Apr 2024||31 May 2024||€840||7 nights|
|01 Jun 2024||30 Jun 2024||€1100||7 nights|
|01 Jul 2024||31 Aug 2024||€1350||7 nights|
|01 Sep 2024||30 Sep 2024||€1100||7 nights|
|01 Oct 2024||30 Nov 2024||€840||7 nights|